Even though we know that the 14th is just another day in February, the Valentine’s Day can be really difficult for anyone who has recently been dumped by someone. In fact, getting over someone whom you’ve loved so much is a million times tougher. You just don’t know what to do on your first single Valentine’s Day after a long relationship. Every sweet couple around you reminds you of how you had spent your V – Day.
However, just because you’re feeling sad and lonely doesn’t mean this Valentine’s Day has to be the worst day of the year. Here are a few tips that would help you get through Valentine’s Day if you’ve recently been dumped.
- Ditch Social Media: Looking at pictures of lovely couples on your Facebook timeline would only make things worse. It would make sense to take a little break from the internet for a day. If you want to be happy, refrain from signing onto Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for a couple of days.
- Do things that make you happy: Plan a few things in advance that would keep you occupied on the 14th of February. It really doesn’t matter what it is as long as it makes you happy. It could be watching your favorite action or horror movie, sleeping the entire day or munching on your favorite food.
- An Anti – Valentine’s Day celebration: Throw an Anti – Valentine’s Day party for all your single friends and those who hate this day. You can make fun of whomever you want and have a drink together.
- Don’t indulge in anything that makes you sad: Avoid stalking your ex on Facebook or think about memories from your past relationship. Instead of focusing on the fact that you’re single, do something to cherish independence. Watching movies like The Notebook and Titanic is certainly a bad idea.
- Go out and do something interesting: If you think staying in bed will only make things more miserable, find something else to do. You can head out with a couple of other single friends on a shopping spree. It is advised you stay away from restaurants and parks as these places attract a lot of couples on the V – Day.
In addition, it is advised you don’t start hunting for a companion as soon as you’ve been dumped. Sometimes, it is good to have some ‘me – time’, as it gives the opportunity for introspection. Let love happen by itself instead of forcing yourself into a relationship. In addition to this, joining a dating site when you’re ready would be wise.